IF you’ve left it late to buy Christmas or Reyes presents, you may have thought like many others, about turning away from the traditional market and buying second hand.
A total of 81% of Spanish residents used the second-hand market last year, saving on average €205 on each purchase, according to Spanish website segundamano.es.
Michael Battle, owner of Malaga-based RestoreElectronica.com, which sells pre-owned mobile phones and tablets says second-hand shopping is great, so long as you know about potential fraudsters.
“Buying second-hand from independent sellers is risky,” Michael told the Olive Press. “Try to purchase from a company which offers good post-sales service, is easily contactable, has good reviews and above all offers a legal guarantee.
“Despite the big savings on offer, there can be pitfalls to second-hand shopping.
“Be sure to read the product description right so you know the condition of the product you’re buying. If prices seem extremely low, be suspicious – also beware of fakes.”
He added: “If you go to the Apple store you’ll be asked to pay at least €509 for a 5S and €749 for the new 6S.
“Many people can’t or won’t pay this. We sell the 5S at €349 and if all you want is an iPhone the iPhone 4 is as low as €95.”
- Travelling to Spain? Don’t forget about online safety - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 14:56
- The gambling industry: Spain’s only economic hope? - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 12:00
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16
- MEASLES breakouts on rise in Spain and Europe as fewer get vaccinated - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Can Real Madrid still win the La Liga – Champions League double - 2 Jan, 2019 @ 10:06
- Rio Sport is at the very peak of ski technology in the Sierra Nevada - 1 Jan, 2019 @ 13:36