PEP Guardiola is set to move to Manchester City next season following the announcement that he will leave Bayern Munich.
The former Barcelona boss’s departure was confirmed by Bayern Munich who revealed Guardiola refused to sign a new contract.
City boss Manuel Pellegrini has indicated he would prefer to see the highly-regarded Guardiola replace him at the Etihad eventually rather than join a Premier League rival.
Pellegrini said: “I hope he will have the option to work at Manchester City because I love this club and I hope, in the future, he can work here also.”
Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea are also thought to be keen on recruiting Guardiola.
The Spaniard will be replaced in Munich by ex-Real Madrid and Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44