A MARBELLA Starlite festival performer, a journalist and an award-winning Huelvan singer are among six finalists shortlisted to represent Spain at the 2016 Eurovision Song Contest.
Maria Isabel, winner of the Junior Eurovision Song Contest at just nine years old, and Barei who took to the Starlite stage last summer, will be among six hopefuls vying to sing for their country at the competition in Stockholm, Sweden, this May.
Barcelona-based singer Salvador Beltran, whose musical inspiration comes from his Andalucian mother will also face the music in the sing-offs, along with journalist Electric Nana, Murcia-based singer Xuso Jones and La Voz finalist Maverick.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36