BUDDING Ray Mears’ can embrace their inner adventurer and head off the beaten track in the Sierra Nevada.
With Telemark you can have a wilderness trip that literally ends up in another world… the charming cobbled villages of the Genil valley, in the Alpujarras.
Whether there is snow or not, the two-decade-old company offers one and two-day cross-country adventures into the mountains.
Both trips end up taking you through (hopefully) deep off-piste snow onto narrow mountain tracks.
“We try to put an emphasis on ecology and nature and it is impressive to see the typically old farmhouses in the area and how little they have changed,” explains boss Luis Casanova, who spends the other half of the year in Africa.
“It is a real, fun adventure, something you will not forget.
“Best of all, a team of mules ends up helping to bring your stuff back to Pradollano,” adds Luis.
The day trip costs just €100 per person and includes transport and lunch.
Another popular pastime for those, who don’t fancy risking life and limb on the pistes, is to have a day of cross-country skiing on two or three well established paths around the resort.
“It is great fitness and you do get to enjoy the fabulous views and nature at the same time,” he adds.
The company can also help organise hard-core uphill climbing for mountaineers to a half day soft snow walking trip with snow rackets.
• Contact the team on email@example.com or call 958 48 11 53
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00