A NOTORIOUS Irish gangster has survived an attempted shooting in a Lanzarote pub on New Year’s Eve.
Two balaclava-clad gunmen stormed a pub Dubliner Gerry ‘The Monk’ Hutch had been drinking in moments before.
The incident occurred as tensions mount between ‘The Monk’ and the infamous Costa del Sol based Kinahan clan.
It is believed that the clan ordered the hit on Hutch’s nephew, Gary Hutch, last year.
Gerry Hutch has reportedly been ordered by the cartel to pay €200,000, double the sum Gary is said to have owed before his death.
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25