A GREEN group has called for action in the Campo de Gibraltar after finding a poisoned fox.
Alfredo Valencia, President of Ecologistas en Accion, has warned of the damaging effects of poison entering the food chain and environment.
The fox was found dead during a routine check of the fields and rivers in Guadalquiton.
“The alarm bells quickly went off that this was a case of poisoning,” said Valencia.
“If this is correct, we are facing a very serious situation for the environment and, as a consequence, the people who live here.”
The group has warned that any animals which appear to have been poisoned should not be touched and the authorities should be immediately notified.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44