IT has been an institution for apres ski nightlife in Spain for decades.
But unless you know where to go it might leave you scratching your head.
Something of a secret scene, based in half a dozen key spots, you need to ask the Sierra Nevada locals where and at what time things kick off.
One thing is for sure, the place will be rocking at key times of year, particularly Christmas and New Year and at Semana Santa. Outside of this weekends are pretty busy most of the season.
As the sun sets in the afternoon you need to be hanging out at various terraces in the heart of the village, including Tia Maria and Crescendo.
Later, things start hotting up at la Bodeguita, at the Sol Melia hotel, La Mar Sala and at the institution Jaleo, which is rocking well into the early hours.
The montage of photos on the walls are testament to this factory of fun and this is your best spot in the heart of the resort come nightfall.
From here you need to head up the hill to the main concentration of nightspots, which congregate about halfway up the hill in Edificio Bulgaria.
Here you will find an Irish pub, Hippodromo and the stylish Soho Soho, which bangs out some fabulous dance tunes well into the early hours.
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25