NEYMAR has been summoned to appear in court over alleged irregularities over his transfer to Barcelona.
The Brazilian star is due to testify on February 2.
Barcelona president Sandro Rossell and Neymar’s parents must also testify in the ongoing fraud case.
The court will examine claims by a Brazilian investment fund, DIS, that it was financially impacted when Barcelona withheld the true amount of the forward’s transfer from Santos in 2013.
Barcelona claimed the fee was in the region €57.1 million, but the true sum was around €80m, with much of it going to companies run by Neymar Sr, the player’s father.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00