WHEN a mayor can dip his hand into public coffers and pull out €50,000 for a frivolous purchase of his choice then questions need to be asked.
Without undermining the authority bestowed unto a mayor, council members are well within their rights to be upset by Jose Urbano’s latest extravagant purchase.
Especially when the purchase concerned is a bizarre statue of two awkward lovers caught up to no good on a roundabout.
If councillors are unaware of where town hall money is being spent, what chance have the rest of us got? But it’s easy to see why he didn’t tell them, as surely no-one would have supported spending €50,000 on such an obscenity.
- Travelling to Spain? Don’t forget about online safety - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 14:56
- The gambling industry: Spain’s only economic hope? - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 12:00
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16
- MEASLES breakouts on rise in Spain and Europe as fewer get vaccinated - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Can Real Madrid still win the La Liga – Champions League double - 2 Jan, 2019 @ 10:06
- Rio Sport is at the very peak of ski technology in the Sierra Nevada - 1 Jan, 2019 @ 13:36