THE boyfriend of missing Scots expat Lisa Brown has landed in Malaga in order to meet with police.
Liverpool man Simon Corner, who has left his ‘business interests’ in Thailand to come to Spain, arrived this morning.
Corner, who’s real name is believed to be Dean Woods, has been wanted for questioning for months, after he disappeared to eastern Asia.
But now Corner, 33, has promised he will cooperate with police and prove he is ‘totally innocent’.
His legal advisor Jason Coghlan, a reformed criminal himself, said: “He has left his business interests and has returned to clear his name.
“There has been a relentless campaign against our client Simon Corner ever since Lisa Brown broke contact with her friends and family and was declared a missing person.
“Simon assures me he is totally innocent of any wrongdoing and to date there is no evidence that anything untoward has taken place.”
Corner, who spent last summer living on a boat in Alcaidesa Marina in La Linea, spent three months behind bars in Gibraltar in 2014 for producing a knife in an nightclub brawl.
Sources have suggest he is also wanted by gangs in the area, who his alleged to have crossed in an incident in Ceuta last year.
He did initially speak to police in the days after Lisa was reported missing, but fled in mysterious circumstances, leaving his boat Rosa on drydock in Sotogrande.
Lisa Brown, who has an eight-year-old son Marco, was last seen at her house on November 4
The 32-year-old disappeared two days before she was to start a new job with Bet365 in Gibraltar.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44