THERE is a buzz in the air at the Guadalmina office of Winkworth Spain.
With a sharp increase in the number of enquiries over the last few months, the team is set for a busy year.
While the majority of Winkworth’s buyers are UK-based, international demand is also on the up.
“We are experiencing a huge increase in demand from Scandinavian, French, Belgium, Middle Eastern and UAE investors,” executive Christopher Vent told the Olive Press.
While Europeans tend to seek a holiday home, thanks to competitive prices and an unbeatable lifestyle, the Middle Eastern investors are drawn by the weak Euro and keen to acquire European assets safely.
Vent adds that thanks to the new rules allowing pensions to be drawn out earlier, some UK residents are spending extra cash on a Spanish bolthole.
Others are benefitting from the all-time house price high in the UK by remortgaging their UK home to invest here.
Winkworth – the UK’s largest independent estate agency – is receiving huge demand for properties priced between €200,000 to €300,000, and has a list of waiting clients.
With Winkworth’s new international website launched later this month, enquiries from the UK are set to increase even further.
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16
- MEASLES breakouts on rise in Spain and Europe as fewer get vaccinated - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Can Real Madrid still win the La Liga – Champions League double - 2 Jan, 2019 @ 10:06
- Rio Sport is at the very peak of ski technology in the Sierra Nevada - 1 Jan, 2019 @ 13:36
- Learn the slopes with Sierra Nevada’s dedicated English ski school - 31 Dec, 2018 @ 13:33
- Two Andalucia villages make it onto list of Spain’s seven rural wonders - 30 Dec, 2018 @ 16:00