SUNNY Spain is very much the firm favourite for British looking to buy a place in the sun, according to leading currency experts HiFX.
The bi-annual Property Hotspots Report, which analyses a decade of property data, reveals that Spain attracts more buyers than France, USA or Portugal.
Over a third (37%) of Britons searching abroad, made enquiries in Spain, with France now only accounting for 34%.
Mark Bodega, director of HiFX, said: “Spain’s housing market is recovering, amid gradually improving economic conditions.
“The market dipped in 2014 when house prices dropped 3%, but increased investment from foreign buyers in resorts and cities, such as Barcelona and Madrid, has pushed prices back up.”
Country Percentage of enquiries (July 2015) | Percentage of enquiries (March 2015)
1 Spain 37% | 35%
2 France 34% | 35%
3 USA 8% | 7%
4 Portugal 5% | 5%
5 Switzerland 4% | 7%
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16
- MEASLES breakouts on rise in Spain and Europe as fewer get vaccinated - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Can Real Madrid still win the La Liga – Champions League double - 2 Jan, 2019 @ 10:06
- Rio Sport is at the very peak of ski technology in the Sierra Nevada - 1 Jan, 2019 @ 13:36
- Learn the slopes with Sierra Nevada’s dedicated English ski school - 31 Dec, 2018 @ 13:33
- Two Andalucia villages make it onto list of Spain’s seven rural wonders - 30 Dec, 2018 @ 16:00