ONE of Spain’s most aristocratic matadors is under scrutiny after he was photographed fighting a bull with his five-month-old daughter under his arm.
The controversial image captures the Beckham of the bullring Fran Rivera, 42, and his baby daughter, Carmen, alongside large wounded bull, and was posted on his Instagram with the caption ‘Carmen’s debut’.
When criticised by social service officials for putting the child at risk, the father of two responded that ‘there is no safer place for her to be than in my arms’.
Indeed, it is a family tradition and he later posted a photo of himself as a child on his father’s shoulders as he fought a bull.
Animal rights group PACMA commented on the ‘shameful’ nature of his actions, and equality minister Maria Jose Sanchez said ‘A fireman wouldn’t dream of taking a child to put out a fire’.
Animal rights campaigner and comedian Ricky Gervais also tweeted the act was ‘mental, dangerous and cruel. With or without a baby.’
Rivera is married to Carmen’s lawyer mother Lourdes Montes, after divorcing the Duchess of Alba’s daughter, Eugenia Martinez de Irujo.
- Travelling to Spain? Don’t forget about online safety - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 14:56
- The gambling industry: Spain’s only economic hope? - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 12:00
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16
- MEASLES breakouts on rise in Spain and Europe as fewer get vaccinated - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Can Real Madrid still win the La Liga – Champions League double - 2 Jan, 2019 @ 10:06
- Rio Sport is at the very peak of ski technology in the Sierra Nevada - 1 Jan, 2019 @ 13:36