ONE of the Costa del Sol’s best-loved restaurants has moved.
Expat-run hotspot Kokomo has more than doubled in size after swapping its established Benamara location for a 250-capacity spot in Nueva Atalaya, Estepona.
However, chef, staff and menu all remain the same, and Kokomo’s new location is a mere 1km away – just “far enough from the main road for a tranquil, secluded experience,” says British owner Simon Taylor-Lane.
“As we grew more popular it became apparent that we needed a bigger space,” Taylor-Lane explains. “We were turning away 50 or 60 bookings a night.
“The move has gone well. Everybody’s settled in and we’ve already seen well over 200 bookings for Sunday lunches which proves it was worthwhile.”
To accompany the spanking new restaurant (complete with terrace area), Kokomo is offering a new €6 and €7 lunch menu in addition to the ever-popular €5 lunchtime deal.
The restaurant will be hosting live music at least twice a week.
And on February 13, Kokomo is putting on a Valentine’s dinner-dance special, offering a meal for two for €54.95, a bottle of house wine included. But romantics will need to move fast: unsurprisingly half the tables have already been snapped up.
Kokomo, Avenida Pernet 26, Nueva Atalaya, Estepona. Tel: 685 218 054.
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16
- MEASLES breakouts on rise in Spain and Europe as fewer get vaccinated - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Can Real Madrid still win the La Liga – Champions League double - 2 Jan, 2019 @ 10:06
- Rio Sport is at the very peak of ski technology in the Sierra Nevada - 1 Jan, 2019 @ 13:36
- Learn the slopes with Sierra Nevada’s dedicated English ski school - 31 Dec, 2018 @ 13:33
- Two Andalucia villages make it onto list of Spain’s seven rural wonders - 30 Dec, 2018 @ 16:00