AN Axarquia cyclist is wheeling his way around Spain to raise awareness of animal rights.
Antonio Moreno’s En Ruta Por Los Animales campaign made its way to Almunecar and La Herradura at the end of January where he spoke with local students.
Antonio, who is president of the Andalucian Group Against the Mistreatment of Animals, also gave a conference at the Casa de la Cultura of Almuneca.
During his travels, the Torre del Mar activist aims to hold a talk about animal rights’ issues at 10.30am every day.
Antonio plans to ask for donations from people attending his conferences which will be sent on to animal shelters.
He set off from Torre del Mar on January 20 and will head up the coast towards the Pyrenees before heading towards Galicia.
The journey is expected to last between 18 and 24 months.
- Travelling to Spain? Don’t forget about online safety - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 14:56
- The gambling industry: Spain’s only economic hope? - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 12:00
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16
- MEASLES breakouts on rise in Spain and Europe as fewer get vaccinated - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Can Real Madrid still win the La Liga – Champions League double - 2 Jan, 2019 @ 10:06
- Rio Sport is at the very peak of ski technology in the Sierra Nevada - 1 Jan, 2019 @ 13:36