AN alleged hit squad have been arrested on the Costa del Sol.
Five British men and an Irish woman have been detained in Marbella, on suspicion of conspiracy to commit murder.
Officers from Greater Manchester Police believe the six arrested were planning to avenge the murder of Salford’s ‘Mr Big’ Paul Massey.
Massey was gunned down in his home in Manchester in July last year.
It is believed that the man behind Massey’s assassination is hiding out on the Costa del Sol.
Massey himself was never convicted of gangland crime, although he served 14 years in prison for stabbing a man in the groin and leaving him for dead.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36