FLAMBOYANT Spanish golfer Miguel Angel Jimenez is determined to smoke one of his famous cigars on Rio’s Olympics fairways.
The 52-year-old, currently ranked number three in Spain, is behind Sergio Garcia and Rafael Cabrera-Bello.
And with Garcia a nailed-on certainty to go to Rio this summer, the race is on for second place.
“I’m going to dedicate myself to the European Tour,” said Jimenez.
“The Olympics is close. I’m going to play a little bit more here because I’m third among the Spanish now. I was second before this week, and now Rafa Cabrera-Bello has just passed me.”
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00