AFTER following in his parents footsteps to Duquesa Port a couple of years ago, professional chef Matthew Heath needed a business to run.
Not just content to cook for mum Beverly in her cafe, Coffee Lounge, and help dad, Stewart, in neighbouring bar, Leisure Lounge, he decided to use his skills as a golfer to get on.
Playing off ‘plus one’, he decided to set up a business helping tourists have the ‘best possible’ golf holiday on the Costa del Sol.
Organising everything from club hire to transport and from accommodation to green fees, it meant he could spend as much time as possible involved in the sport he began playing at the age of 11.
“I was playing three or four days a week on arriving in Spain and was hoping to become a pro, but the language barrier stopped me sadly,” explains Matthew, from Romford, in Essex.
“Luckily with the new job I get to spend a lot of time on courses and using my knowledge of the coast to make my clients as happy as possible.”
When he is not organising trips with company Duquesagolfandleisure.com, he still helps out cooking at Coffee Lounge, which has a great range of fresh, healthy tapas and dishes, changing by the day.
He is also busy helping his dad organise the annual Duquesa darts tournament, which takes place over four days in the summer.
A keen Spurs fan, his dad’s bar Leisure Lounge has been showing most live football games and boxing matches on its huge 155 inch screen for the last eight years.
• For more information visit www.duquesagolfandleisure.com or call 687 471 810
- Travelling to Spain? Don’t forget about online safety - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 14:56
- The gambling industry: Spain’s only economic hope? - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 12:00
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16
- MEASLES breakouts on rise in Spain and Europe as fewer get vaccinated - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Can Real Madrid still win the La Liga – Champions League double - 2 Jan, 2019 @ 10:06
- Rio Sport is at the very peak of ski technology in the Sierra Nevada - 1 Jan, 2019 @ 13:36