MERCADONA’s boss has said he doesn’t fear Amazon’s new online shopping service.
Juan Roig also confirmed that the Spanish supermarket giant would not start opening on Sundays.
Mercadona made €611 million in 2015 but lost €30 to €40 million in online sales.
“I am not going to talk about Amazon,” Roig said
“It’s a big company that has its strategies as we have ours. So far we haven’t been profitable on the internet [and so] that is not our priority.”
Roig added that he would try to ensure Mercadona’s website is ‘more like 2016 and less like 1998’.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00