ERROL Flynn, Alec Guinness and Winston Churchill are just some of the famous names that appear in the guest books for the Rock Hotel, an institution that opened in 1932.
The hotel’s famous brilliant white façade is seen for miles around and boasts a beautiful reception and entrance lobby which reflects the sensitivity towards the historical design of the original building.
“The hotel’s 1930’s origins are evident in the subtle colours and timeless decoration combining an element of the colonial with more contemporary touches”, explains General Manager Charles Danino.
These days the hotel prides itself on exceptional customer service as well as the highest level of food, beverage, event and dining experiences and to offer a top class hotel to be enjoyed by the local corporate and leisure community as well as the global traveller.
Head Chef Alfred Rodriguez, 57, has been with The Rock since his late teens, while also having spent some time away working on the QE2 and for the Roux brothers at London’s Michelin-starred Le Gavroche.
“I am always looking for new dishes to create with a high quality and selection of ingredients available through local suppliers as well as from Morocco,” he says.
The Rock Hotel offers comfortable bedrooms and a new conference and banqueting facility and private terrace which adds to the hotel’s already extensive exterior space, which includes the much loved Wisteria Terrace, which has been enhanced offering an al fresco venue for all-day dining.
Corporate events can be held on the private Sunset Terrace and Victory Suite as well as the pool in the evening and the Khaima poolside marquee.
- Costa del Sol financial firm set to become listed on Nasdaq stock exchange - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:35
- Where to eat in the Guadalhorce Valley - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 17:24
- Get lost in the white towns of Guadalhorce - 8 Dec, 2018 @ 16:21
- There’s a new mango vodka liqueur made 100% in Malaga and it looks DELICIOUS - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 17:51
- Dead body found floating in Malaga dam - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 14:51
- How to find high-quality translation services by CPSL - 5 Dec, 2018 @ 16:24
- World Class Accommodation for Rent in Madrid - 5 Dec, 2018 @ 16:21
- Ibiza Yacht Rental - 5 Dec, 2018 @ 16:17
- CUT AND BLOW-DRY CASE? Popular Low Cost hairdressers accused of defrauding taxpayer of millions in Spain’s Andalucia - 3 Dec, 2018 @ 18:01
- How a Welsh expat made her dreams of owning a Costa del Sol estate agency come true - 2 Dec, 2018 @ 18:58