SPANISH border police discovered three migrants hidden in purpose built compartments of a car as it attempted to enter Spain last week.
Images released show the migrants from Guinea in West Africa – all in their 20’s – concealed in the bumper and under the dashboard, while a video shows police pulling out two of the semi-conscious men.
The vehicle was attempting to cross from Morocco to the Spanish territory of Melilla, but was stopped after a border officer saw a young man dashing out of the car and running back towards Morocco.
The driver – a 25-year-old Moroccan man – was later apprehended and detained.
The migrants, who had shown signs of hypothermia, were taken to the Centre for Temporary Stay of Immigrants (CETI).
Police say the Morocco to Spain route is popular among people smugglers who charge large sums for the passage.
They added that they cannot search every vehicle due to the effects it would have on queueing.
- WATCH: Aircraft and dozens of firefighters called to huge forest fire in Spain’s Andalucia - 23 Jan, 2019 @ 14:48
- Direct Malaga to NEW YORK flights available from May 2019 - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 18:20
- Expats pay tribute to Marbella businessman ‘linked to TOWIE stars and Mohamed Al-Fayed’ after he was brutally gunned down on doorstep - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 14:03
- Marbella shooting victim identified as high profile Costa del Sol businessman behind Linekers - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 18:30
- WARNING: Orange alerts for SNOW, wind and strong waves across Spain and Andalucia this week - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 14:59
- Expat appears in court after shooting and killing boy, 4, during hunt in Spain’s Andalucia - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 12:45
- Man shot to death inside his Bentley on Spain’s Costa del Sol in latest mafia hit - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 11:26
- Malaga law firm secures regulation from the Ministry of Justice after winning more than €1 million back from timeshare giants last year - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 18:22
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44