IT may only be small, but Gibraltar boasts just about everything a stomach could be craving.
Whether it’s a no nonsense Domino’s pizza fresh to your home or a sumptuous three-course meal in upmarket Queensway Quay, the Rock can deliver.
And it’s not slowing down this summer, with the immensely popular Japanese chain Wagamama is opening up in Ocean Village, providing extra competition for some already firm favourites.
It’s true, OPO is a delightful food court, mixing some excellent local favourites such as Grille 53 and Bianca’s with the recently opened La Sala, aboard the Sunborn.
Of course, if it’s people watching you’re after between courses then there’s nowhere better than Casemates Square.
For fine dining, Cafe Solo is number one, while for top-notch pub grub look no further than Lord Nelson.
Whether heading up Main Street, ducking into Irish Town or pulling in at Queensway Quay, there is plenty to get tastebuds tingling.
Everything from the tastiest curry houses to fine Italians, fresh fish restaurants to heartwarming pubs is within easy reach.
One Gibraltar institution which prides itself on its coffee is Sacarello’s, in Irish Town, which has been serving up a decent brew for nearly two centuries.
A true Gibraltar haunt for morning coffee, lunch, afternoon tea or supper, this charming old spot also counts on one of the best private art collections on the Rock and a newly installed wine cellar.
For a more formal fine dining experience you should head to charming Queensway Quay, a millionaires playground, where houses start at £4.2 million mark.
Here, you will find the excellent Waterfront restaurant, which sits in pole position by the water and serves up some great light bites as well as more substantial meals.
Also look out for next door Landings restaurant, which has counted John Prescott, First Minister Fabian Picardo and a variety of Coronation Street stars as guests.
- Popular Casino Games Across Europe - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 16:14
- OPINION: Why Mijas needs to see serious change in 2019 - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 17:36
- Is your home in Spain ready for the cold? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 10:30
- Travelling to Spain? Don’t forget about online safety - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 14:56
- The gambling industry: Spain’s only economic hope? - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 12:00
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16