THE two footballers involved in the stabbing of an opponent have been banned from playing football for life.
Malaga’s football committee handed out the ban to two El Palo B players who attacked the captain of Alhaurin de la Torre’s B team, Samu.
Rushed to hospital and placed in intensive care, Samu underwent emergency surgery to save his life.
The committee has also banned El Palo B from playing at its ground for the next two months and fined the club €5,600 for public disorder.
In addition the two players have been fined €1,000 each.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36