MARBELLA-based boxer Matthew Macklin put off any immediate plans to retire after a scrappy win over Brian Rose.
The MGM Marbella man edged out his British opponent on the undercard of Anthony Joshua’s world title fight at the O2.
Both men were docked points during a fierce battle. Macklin penalised for low blows and then Rose docked a point for holding late on.
Before the fight ‘Mack the knife’ Macklin said he would retire if he lost.
However, despite the victory the Irish fighter admits he is still considering hanging up his gloves.
“I’m not sure what the next step is for me,” he said. “I didn’t win as convincingly as I was hoping to so I need to think about carrying on or not.”
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36