SPANISH Formula 1 star Fernando Alonso says he is unsure as to whether he will race at this weekend’s Chinese Grand Prix.
The 34-year-old will be examined by governing body FIA’s doctors at the track on Thursday.
The two-time champion said: “Until I get the all-clear from the doctors to race, we cannot assume anything.”
Alonso was recently refused authorisation to compete at the Bahrain Grand Prix.
Doctors from the sport’s governing body – the FIA – found that he was still suffering problems in his neck following his terrifying crash at Melbourne’s Australian Grand Prix.
Alonso’s McLaren collided with Haas’s Esteban Gutierrez, sending him into the air before he crashed down into the gravel trap and wall.
- WATCH: Aircraft and dozens of firefighters called to huge forest fire in Spain’s Andalucia - 23 Jan, 2019 @ 14:48
- Direct Malaga to NEW YORK flights available from May 2019 - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 18:20
- Expats pay tribute to Marbella businessman ‘linked to TOWIE stars and Mohamed Al-Fayed’ after he was brutally gunned down on doorstep - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 14:03
- Marbella shooting victim identified as high profile Costa del Sol businessman behind Linekers - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 18:30
- WARNING: Orange alerts for SNOW, wind and strong waves across Spain and Andalucia this week - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 14:59
- Expat appears in court after shooting and killing boy, 4, during hunt in Spain’s Andalucia - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 12:45
- Man shot to death inside his Bentley on Spain’s Costa del Sol in latest mafia hit - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 11:26
- Malaga law firm secures regulation from the Ministry of Justice after winning more than €1 million back from timeshare giants last year - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 18:22
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44