A BRITISH man who was recently released from jail was arrested in Marbella at the wheel of his dodgy Bentley.
Police stopped John Disley, 49, over suspicions of his number plates, which read 81G-J, or ‘Big J’.
Disley, AKA the ‘King of Marbella’, was released early from his four-and-a-half year sentence for an alleged bank fraud operation in the UK after it was quashed by the High Court.
The king was on his way back to Britain but was quickly de-throned when police impounded his Phantom, seized the plates and threw him in a cell.
The former bouncer was put before a judge who told him he faced a charge of falsification.
He was released on bail but remains at the centre of an ongoing court investigation.
Police are questioning how he was able to return to such a lavish lifestyle so soon.
- Direct Malaga to NEW YORK flights available from May 2019 - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 18:20
- Expats pay tribute to Marbella businessman ‘linked to TOWIE stars and Mohamed Al-Fayed’ after he was brutally gunned down on doorstep - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 14:03
- Marbella shooting victim identified as high profile Costa del Sol businessman behind Linekers - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 18:30
- WARNING: Orange alerts for SNOW, wind and strong waves across Spain and Andalucia this week - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 14:59
- Expat appears in court after shooting and killing boy, 4, during hunt in Spain’s Andalucia - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 12:45
- Man shot to death inside his Bentley on Spain’s Costa del Sol in latest mafia hit - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 11:26
- Malaga law firm secures regulation from the Ministry of Justice after winning more than €1 million back from timeshare giants last year - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 18:22
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22