MALAGA film festival will kick off this evening with a star-studded opening gala at the Cervantes theatre.
Previous guests include Robert Dinero and Antonio Banderas and this year the event will see the biggest stars of Spanish cinema walk the red carpet and greet the thousands of fans who will fill the streets.
Spain’s Natalia de Molina and Javier Gutierrez, who has starred in more than fifty films in the past 19 years, will present the opening gala tonight from 8.00pm.
The festival takes place at the headquarters on Calle Ramos Marin and showcases previously unseen feature-length films, shorts and documentaries.
It will also pay tribute to different personalities from the film-making industry and organise film series, exhibitions and parallel events.
It will run until May 1, when prizes for the best films will be awarded.
The festival has grown from strength to strength and many see it as a stepping stone for the region to become an international cultural hotspot.
- WATCH: Aircraft and dozens of firefighters called to huge forest fire in Spain’s Andalucia - 23 Jan, 2019 @ 14:48
- Direct Malaga to NEW YORK flights available from May 2019 - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 18:20
- Expats pay tribute to Marbella businessman ‘linked to TOWIE stars and Mohamed Al-Fayed’ after he was brutally gunned down on doorstep - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 14:03
- Marbella shooting victim identified as high profile Costa del Sol businessman behind Linekers - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 18:30
- WARNING: Orange alerts for SNOW, wind and strong waves across Spain and Andalucia this week - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 14:59
- Expat appears in court after shooting and killing boy, 4, during hunt in Spain’s Andalucia - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 12:45
- Man shot to death inside his Bentley on Spain’s Costa del Sol in latest mafia hit - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 11:26
- Malaga law firm secures regulation from the Ministry of Justice after winning more than €1 million back from timeshare giants last year - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 18:22
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44