SPAIN has issued arrest warrants for 12 Russians alleged to be involved with a crime syndicate operating out of Spain.
Among others, a Spanish judge wants Russian MP Vladislav Reznik, deputy head of the Federal Drug Control Service and former KGB colleague of Vladimir Putin Nikolai Aulov, and former deputy head of the Russian prosecution service’s investigation committee Igor Sobolevsky, to stand trial in Spain.
The move follows a ten year investigation into the Tambov Gang which operated out of Spain.
The charges against the 12 are said to include murder, arms trafficking, drug smuggling, extortion, fraud and money laundering.
“(The Tambov group) maintains strong links with political, economic, legal and security powers in Russia and also with members of other international criminal organizations,” Judge Jose de la Mata wrote in the document seen by Reuters.
The document claims all 12 named had dealings with the syndicate’s alleged leader, Gennady Petrov, who was arrested in Spain in 2008 but who has since fled the country.
It alleges that Petrov moved the Tambov Gang away from St. Petersburg in 1998 when he relocated to Spain.
He is believed to have laundered millions of euros earned from international criminal activity through several Spanish firms before sending the money abroad to the 12 named.
It is believed Petrov’s Spain operation had close links with Russia and was aided by a network of lawyers and middlemen.
Warrants were also issued for Reznik’s wife, Diana Gindin, and Petrov’s son, Anton, along with business figures Irina Ussova, Viktor Gavrilenkov, Sergei Kuzmin, Arkady Buravoy, Ilya Traber, Pavel Kudryashov and Oleg Noskov.
The Kremlin is yet to comment.
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22
- WATCH: Terrifying moment HUGE spitting COBRA acosts workers at port in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:54
- WATCH: Vile video shows SEWAGE flowing onto popular beach in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 13:47
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22