FATHER and daughter duo Chad and Suzanne Morritt are still going potty after setting up Totem Ceramics in Cancelada three years ago.
The family school teaches pottery courses and exhibits the work of their students.
Daughter Suzanne studied Ceramics at A Level in London after being inspired by her father.
“Growing up our house was always full of pottery my dad had made at school and college, he was making pottery from the age of 14,” she said, “It has remained a passion for both of us!”
Dad Chad, who is currently designing his own range of tableware, specialises in throwing tuition while Suzanne teaches hand building and glazing.
“It really is fun, it’s therapeutic and you get to meet friendly, like-minded people,” she added, “Many of our students wouldn’t have described themselves at artistic before joining us.”
But what does it take to become an expert potter?
“Patience, practice and an acceptance that things can and do go wrong!” said Suzanne, who added that the perseverance can be rewarding.
“They learn to unwind, have fun and get creative,” she explained, “Two of our students who were complete beginners now have their own wheels at home! They still attend classes to perfect their skills, but to see them share our passion is the ultimate prize for us.”
- Travelling to Spain? Don’t forget about online safety - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 14:56
- The gambling industry: Spain’s only economic hope? - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 12:00
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16
- MEASLES breakouts on rise in Spain and Europe as fewer get vaccinated - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Can Real Madrid still win the La Liga – Champions League double - 2 Jan, 2019 @ 10:06
- Rio Sport is at the very peak of ski technology in the Sierra Nevada - 1 Jan, 2019 @ 13:36