BENAVISTA is one of the most popular places for British expats to put down roots on the Costa del Sol.
Less developed and lower rise than many of its neighbours, Estepona’s ‘east end’ is aptly named – you get a better vista in Benavista!
A family favourite resort that has grown up around the beautiful (and arguably best) beaches between Estepona and San Pedro, the thriving community of foreign residents has shaped it into what it is today, and there’s always something going on.
“We are so spoilt for choice,” says Hughie Holgate, 67, who runs the popular Benavista Bowls Club and its Green Bar.
Taking the club from 50 members to over 150, Hughie has transformed the run-down kitchen facilities he inherited into a thriving bar which serves tapas and daily specials.
“There are at least half a dozen golf courses within a mile of here and the facilities for families are great.
“On top of that, you are only a short drive from the hills via the Jubrique or San Pedro roads.”
The bowls club is a real magnet for the area, added entrepreneur father-of-four.
“We have many members who play in leagues up and down the Costa del Sol,” he says. “And non-members have their own green.”
Next door, restaurant Los Arcos has been given a makeover that the whole family can enjoy.
A giant play area, cinema room, bar and restaurant – not to mention five big screens to watch the football and a five-a-side pitch to play – are just some of the new attractions at the bar-cum-restaurant
Down from here a necklace of well set-up urbanisations – Diana Park, Benavista and El Pilar – offer every variety of shop and service, all with an expat twist.
They include a range of excellent butchers and cake shops, as well as English supermarkets, curry houses and British bars.
It is also the Spanish headquarters of British construction company Roger Bullivant.
One of the best shops is Cath’s Cards, which stocks a fabulous range of greetings cars, balloons and party accessories.
And don’t forget, cross the footbridge and you are in Benamara, which is just two minutes walk to the beach!
- Top 5 Poker Events in Spain for 2019 - 24 Jan, 2019 @ 09:30
- Popular Casino Games Across Europe - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 16:14
- OPINION: Why Mijas needs to see serious change in 2019 - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 17:36
- Is your home in Spain ready for the cold? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 10:30
- Travelling to Spain? Don’t forget about online safety - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 14:56
- The gambling industry: Spain’s only economic hope? - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 12:00
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44