MICHELIN-STAR chef Dani Garcia is set to introduce top-quality Asian cuisine to the Costa del Sol.
During a trip to the Philippines for the annual Madrid Fusion Manila conference, Garcia picked up some culinary tips from the locals.
And now he aims to introduce more Asian food into his Dani Garcia restaurant in Marbella’s Hotel Puente Romano. In fact, he has already hired a Filipino chef to help with the transition.
“For European people, Asian cuisine is great. It’s very exotic, especially for Spanish people,” said Garcia.
“I’m open to using Filipino flavours at my restaurant and hopefully it is something I can introduce more and more on my menu.”
During his trip, Garcia served up a 10-course Andalucia-inspired feast to guests at New World Manila Bay Hotel.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36