TOWIE star Elliot Wright enjoyed a successful launch of his VIP fish bar at his La Cala restaurant.
The invite-only event saw celebs, friends and press fill out the upstairs VIP seafood bar at Olivia´s restaurant last night.
Camera crews were also out in force for the filming of Elliot´s new show, Elliot Wright: Playa in Marbella, which is set to hit our screens in July.
Elliot told the Olive Press: “I´m so happy with how it´s gone, this restaurant is what I have always wanted and it has turned out exactly as I imagined, so I´m really pleased.”
Guests who braved the rain to attend were treated to culinary delights including gigantic king crab claws, tempura prawn and avocado sushi rolls and seabass cerviche carpaccio.
“Its a bit inspired by the vibrant and creative restaurant scene in Shoreditch,” said Elliot, “I wanted to bring something similar to La Cala because I think it can become a new hotspot along the coast.”
His new chef Chris Branscombe hails from The Ace Hotel in Shoreditch, London.
The Essex restauranter said his new show is an observational documentary of his life in Spain.
“It shows a bit of everything, the stresses of setting up a business, my family life, my relationship with Sadie and obviously the odd bit of drama,” said Elliot.
“The ´playa´ is a reference to the beaches here but also because I´m a player in business and I like to play big,” he added.
“I work hard and play hard and can’t wait for people to get a chance to see me in action away from Essex and in Marbella as a businessman in one of my restaurants.”
The exotic fish menu was matched by an explorative cocktail list, including a cucumber and wasabi martini that promises quite the kick.
The restaurant, named after his daughter, is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week.
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22
- WATCH: Terrifying moment HUGE spitting COBRA acosts workers at port in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:54
- WATCH: Vile video shows SEWAGE flowing onto popular beach in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 13:47
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15