A SPANISH father and his husband have flown their surrogate daughter back to Spain after a 15-month legal battle in Thailand.
Manuel Santos and American Gordon Lake, both 41, won custody of their baby Carmen after the mother refused to hand her over when she realised they were gay.
The mother is alleged to have called the pair human traffickers, leading the same-sex couple to file a defamation suit, the trial of which will begin in May.
They said on Facebook: “Today is a big day for our family, we just started the journey for our family to be together after 16 months. Tomorrow we will be with our son Alvaro in our home with our family.”
The family reside in Valencia, but will soon return to Thailand to participate in the upcoming trial.
They said: “It’s been a plot to destroy a LGBT family with lies and tricks. We will come back soon because we won’t stop until they pay for all they have done to us.”
- WATCH: Aircraft and dozens of firefighters called to huge forest fire in Spain’s Andalucia - 23 Jan, 2019 @ 14:48
- Direct Malaga to NEW YORK flights available from May 2019 - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 18:20
- Expats pay tribute to Marbella businessman ‘linked to TOWIE stars and Mohamed Al-Fayed’ after he was brutally gunned down on doorstep - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 14:03
- Marbella shooting victim identified as high profile Costa del Sol businessman behind Linekers - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 18:30
- WARNING: Orange alerts for SNOW, wind and strong waves across Spain and Andalucia this week - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 14:59
- Expat appears in court after shooting and killing boy, 4, during hunt in Spain’s Andalucia - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 12:45
- Man shot to death inside his Bentley on Spain’s Costa del Sol in latest mafia hit - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 11:26
- Malaga law firm secures regulation from the Ministry of Justice after winning more than €1 million back from timeshare giants last year - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 18:22
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44