A BRITISH man who has been missing for six years has been found alive and well in Spain.
Matthew Green, 32, went missing from his home in Sittingbourne, Kent, in 2010, after going to meet his friends in London.
But despite being found, his parents Jim Green, 64 and Pauline, 63, cannot contact him due to data protection laws.
Spanish authorities spoke to Matthew after becoming concerned for his welfare.
He reportedly gave them a number of names, one of them his real one, which they discovered was on a missing person´s database.
But his parents cannot be put in contact with him or told where he is because of data protection laws.
The family are hoping to enlist a private investigator, and have contacted criminologist detective Mark Williams-Thomas.
Dad Jim said there are questions they need answers to.
He said: “I know he’s a grown man, but put yourselves in our place.
“After all this time it would be such a relief (to see him) for all of us, all the family and friends that we know have been concerned.
“Bless his little cotton socks, I’d give him a hug and a cuddle.”
The questions that follow would be, he said: “why? How have you survived for the last six years? Where have you been? We do not want to scare him off.
“They’re questions we have asked time and time again.”
A DNA match to the father and fingerprints taken by Interpol have led authorities to say they are 99.9% sure it is their son.
Mum Pauline has written to Matthew via the embassy but again, because of data protection laws, she will never be told whether or not he received it.
She said: “We know he’s in Spain, but no not know where because they won’t tell us. We don’t know what happens next.”
- WATCH: Aircraft and dozens of firefighters called to huge forest fire in Spain’s Andalucia - 23 Jan, 2019 @ 14:48
- Direct Malaga to NEW YORK flights available from May 2019 - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 18:20
- Expats pay tribute to Marbella businessman ‘linked to TOWIE stars and Mohamed Al-Fayed’ after he was brutally gunned down on doorstep - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 14:03
- Marbella shooting victim identified as high profile Costa del Sol businessman behind Linekers - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 18:30
- WARNING: Orange alerts for SNOW, wind and strong waves across Spain and Andalucia this week - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 14:59
- Expat appears in court after shooting and killing boy, 4, during hunt in Spain’s Andalucia - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 12:45
- Man shot to death inside his Bentley on Spain’s Costa del Sol in latest mafia hit - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 11:26
- Malaga law firm secures regulation from the Ministry of Justice after winning more than €1 million back from timeshare giants last year - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 18:22
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44