RIOT police had to seperate Liverpool and Sevilla fans minutes before the Europa League cup final yesterday.
Fights broke out behind the Liverpool goal at St Jakob-Park, Switzerland, while stewards stepped in to try and break up the trouble.
Moments later, riot police arrived on the scene, donning protective helmets and wielding batons.
They had to line themselves on the stairwell to separate the rival fans.
The trouble is said to have started after Sevilla fans booed the Liverpool anthem ´You´ll never walk alone.´
Liverpool would later open the scoring of the match with a magnificent left footed strike from Daniel Sturridge.
But hope began to fade in the second half when just 17 seconds in, Kevin Gameiro turned in Mariano Ferreira´s cross to equalise.
Sevilla´s Coke dealed a double blow with his 64th minute finish, followed by a third at close range, which was initially disallowed but ended up being given.
Sevilla has won the Europe League three years in a row.
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22
- WATCH: Terrifying moment HUGE spitting COBRA acosts workers at port in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:54
- WATCH: Vile video shows SEWAGE flowing onto popular beach in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 13:47
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15