A SWIMWEAR model accused of murdering her British ex-boyfriend in Estepona has admitted fleeing the scene after shooting him.
Mayka Marica Kukucova, 26, is accused of shooting 48-year-old Andrew Bush on April 5, 2014, a month after they broke up.
It is alleged the Slovakian shot Mr Bush once in the shoulder and twice in the head after he arrived home with his new Russian girlfriend, Maria Korotaeva.
But she insists the gold dealer confronted her with a gun, and that it went off after the two struggled.
“He started shouting and hitting me and took me strongly by the arms. I said I wanted to go but he said no. He was shouting that he was going to kill me and my family,” she told the jury in Malaga.
They then struggled on the stairs, she claimed.
“Then the gun was in my hands. I threw myself on him and we were fighting and then the gun went off. I couldn’t hear anything. I was just trying to get away. I didn’t want to hurt him.”
Mr Bush owned a jewellery store in Bristol in the UK before moving to Spain, earning the nickname Mr Bling.
He had been been dating Kukucova for two and a half years before they broke up.
She alleges she was collecting her things when he unexpectedly arrived home with his new girlfriend Korotaeva.
Kukucova claims Mr Bush told Korotaeva to wait in his hummer car before he confronted her.
His body was found the next morning lying in a pool of blood with the gun in his left hand.
Prosecutors allege Kukucova placed it there to deter suspicion.
She said in court she did not know how it got there.
Following the shooting, the former model drove off in the Hummer but handed herself in in Slovakia four days later.
Asked why she didn´t go straight to Spanish police she told the court:
“I didn’t know he was seriously injured, let alone dead.
“I was worried he would send his friends or workers to come and get me. I was terrified something bad would happen.”
Kukucova could not explain why his body was found far from the stairs by a column when she had testified that their last struggle was on the stairs.
Her lawyer, Carlos Larranga told the court: “My client shot Mr Bush,” before insisting that being a killer does not make you a murderer.
The trial continues.
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22
- WATCH: Terrifying moment HUGE spitting COBRA acosts workers at port in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:54
- WATCH: Vile video shows SEWAGE flowing onto popular beach in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 13:47
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22