CHEMICAL weapons, drones carrying explosives and remotely detonated bombs are just a few of the terrorist attacks French authorities are preparing for at the Euro 2016.
Millions of fans from Spain, the UK and across Europe are expected to descend on Paris for the month-long football tournament.
The games begin on Friday and plots targetting the event have already been uncovered.
Earlier this week Ukranian authorities arrested a Frenchman who, with an accomplice, was planning attacks before and during the event.
The UK Foreign Office today warned fans attending to be ‘vigilant at all times’ as busy areas could ‘potential targets for terrorist attacks’.
Stadiums, fan zones and venues broadcasting the matches were all listed as potential high-risk targets.
Commander Dean Haydon, the head of Scotland Yard’s anti-terror squad, said:
“Certainly we have seen propaganda, Isis and potential talk of plots against the Euros, but we’re working with all those various different agencies and police to make the Euros a safe event and a safe games.
“We’re a key part of the planning. Although the ultimate policing of the event and the planning is for the French, we are all involved in properly trying to understand the threat.”
France has been plagued by terrorist attacks in recent years.
Last November saw three suicide bombers detonate their explosive vests outside two of the entrances to France’s national stadium and at a fast-food outlet nearby when they could not get inside.
- WATCH: Terrifying moment HUGE spitting COBRA acosts workers at port in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:54
- WATCH: Vile video shows SEWAGE flowing onto popular beach in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 13:47
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22
- WATCH: ISIS terrorist cuffed in popular British expat hotspot on Spain’s Costa del Sol was ‘ready to attack’ after taking deadly oath - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 13:15
- British expats in Spain should get Spanish driving licences ASAP, UK government Brexit memo warns - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 11:50