SHOCKED holiaymakers on the Costa del Sol filmed migrants as they headed for the hills after arriving on the beach in a dinghy.
A couple in Fuengirola saw a packed out dinghy approaching the shore as they were enjoying the views from their balcony.
Around 20 men, adorning back packs, rushed from the shores to behind four star hotels and the hills beyond.
“My girlfriend was on the balcony first and she saw the boat come in,” said the 25-year-old tourist from Bristol, who was on holiday at the Hotel Holiday Hydros spa resort with his 23-year-old partner last week.
“At first she thought it was kids on a school trip. They were packed into the boat. She said they looked really happy and were smiling.
“Then she called me and said ‘come and see this’ because as soon as they started running it looked strange.
“They were running the up the beach, across the road and over the railway tracks.
“It was quite shocking to see. I’d never seen anything like it before.”
The group of suspected migrants landed on June 7 on a beach between Fuengirola and Benalmadena.
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22
- WATCH: ISIS terrorist cuffed in popular British expat hotspot on Spain’s Costa del Sol was ‘ready to attack’ after taking deadly oath - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 13:15
- British expats in Spain should get Spanish driving licences ASAP, UK government Brexit memo warns - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 11:50
- Fears grow for boy, 2, trapped down Malaga well for over 18 hours as desperate rescue attempt continues - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- WATCH: Two fuming drivers stop cars to BRAWL among traffic on Marbella’s Golden Mile - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 17:15
- WATCH: Dolphins’ fins MUTILATED by boats and fishing nets as BBC series filmed off coast of southern Spain reveals their numbers have HALVED - 9 Jan, 2019 @ 12:50
- British favourite Primark WILL be able to open in Marbella after five year battle - 9 Jan, 2019 @ 11:53
- Earthquake rocks residents in Spain’s Andalucia - 8 Jan, 2019 @ 17:03