FIREMAN James Thorpe, 28, broke his neck and seven vertebrae after a paddling accident in Mallorca.
He is now paralysed from the chest down.
The British man was only three hours into his bachelor party weekend at the time of the incident.
Speaking with the Sun, James’s fiancee Michaela expressed grief, but reaffirmed her unconditional support of James in these trying times.
“I don’t care how long we have to wait, it is my dream to marry James. I just want to make sure he is better first,” she said.
James’s family hope to raise £20,000 to get him specialised care in the UK.
- From Nerja to Manilva: How far has construction of the record-breaking La Senda Litoral walkway progressed? - 20 Aug, 2016 @ 17:53
- Holiday season boosts Spanish train service Renfe - 19 Aug, 2016 @ 14:40
- Floating lanterns banned from Manilva’s Luna Llena festival - 14 Aug, 2016 @ 14:00
- Basque Culinary World Prize awarded to Venezuelan chef - 13 Aug, 2016 @ 16:00
- Spain faces uphill battle to meet new EU emissions goals - 13 Aug, 2016 @ 12:00
- Nerja welcomes hometown World Combat Jujitsu champion - 12 Aug, 2016 @ 17:14
- Dani Garcia opens new restaurant in Puente Romano - 12 Aug, 2016 @ 16:00
- Huge pharma company investing almost €300m into UK post-Brexit - 12 Aug, 2016 @ 09:52
- Spain paying €300m a year in pensions to people who are dead - 11 Aug, 2016 @ 09:02
- Evening horse racing on Sanlucar beach in August - 10 Aug, 2016 @ 16:00