IT is impossible to overstate the importance of this week’s referendum vote.
For expats in Spain, the sword of Damocles hangs over us.
The PP has warned expats could lose their right to work if Britain leaves, and that it would push for joint sovereignty over Gibraltar.
Then there is the issue of health care, thousands of home purchases being scrapped with the pound bombing and less tourists arriving.
Michael Gove’s lunatic assertion that ‘people have had enough of experts’ says it all about Leave’s ugly campaign of non-truths.
Meanwhile, Nigel Farage has pandered to base fears about immigration. Boris Johnson has opportunistically thrown his lot in with the side he hopes will deliver him to Number 10.
Britain deserves better than their vision of our future.
So, if you haven’t already done so – get on the phone and urge all your family and friends back home to vote to Remain a part of a peaceful and prosperous Europe moving forwards.
Either that, or run the risk of letting a barrel load of xenophobic cranks and misfits decide on the future of our children for generations to come.
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16
- MEASLES breakouts on rise in Spain and Europe as fewer get vaccinated - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Can Real Madrid still win the La Liga – Champions League double - 2 Jan, 2019 @ 10:06
- Rio Sport is at the very peak of ski technology in the Sierra Nevada - 1 Jan, 2019 @ 13:36
- Learn the slopes with Sierra Nevada’s dedicated English ski school - 31 Dec, 2018 @ 13:33
- Two Andalucia villages make it onto list of Spain’s seven rural wonders - 30 Dec, 2018 @ 16:00