A LEADING British businessman based in Spain has urged expats to consider ‘becoming Spanish’ in protest.
The Andalucía-based hotelier has also urged ‘moderate, open-minded’ young people in England to move to the continent.
Peter Whaley, the owner of various hotels in Tarifa and father of World number one kitesurfer Liam Whaley, insisted: ‘Thanks to the older, white little Englanders we are all going to suffer in Europe.
“Britain has voted for disunity and instability which will no doubt go on for years…
“Yes Europe needs reforming, but not from the sidelines, from within.
“I’ve been running businesses here for over 30 years and I understand the failings of Spain and Europe but this however will only make it worse.”
The owner of Tarifa’s emblematic Hurricane Hotel that opened in 1984, added: “we are not little Englanders here – we are open and worldly and I would urge all British expats in Spain to consider taking Spanish nationality in protest.
“I would also urge young people living in London, like my daughter, sickened with this vote, to consider moving to the continent.”
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00