A MISSING parrot who thought he was a night owl has been found propping up the bar at a popular disco.
The night literally flew by for a Hyacinth Macaw, named Soly, after he escaped from his cage in Marbella.
Expat owner Richard Breuer, 40, immediately got onto the Olive Press after discovering he had gone missing from his home in Sierra Blanca.
The property developer was left ‘panic stricken’ after the pet – worth €14,000 – vanished while he was moving to a new apartment nearby.
But despite calling out a search party, putting up posters and calling police, the blue and yellow bird was literally nowhere to be found.
Then out of the blue, later the next day, Olivia Valere, owner of the exclusive nearby nightclub of the same name, phoned to sayl that Soly was propping up the bar.
“We were so relieved,” said Richard. “He was a bit apprehensive after we took him home, it took him a couple of days to come back down to earth.”
Luckily, a barmaid phoned Olivia, who has her own collection of birds, after Soly flew into her lap at the club.
The nightclub owner came and took the partying parrot to her aviary in her Guadalmina Baja home, where Richard later collected him.
“He’s a very friendly parrot who likes the ladies and he’s very approachable, we’re very lucky he was found,” said Richard, “There are many who would have stolen him for the money.”
- Malaga law firm secures regulation from the Ministry of Justice after winning more than €1 million back from timeshare giants last year - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 18:22
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22
- WATCH: Terrifying moment HUGE spitting COBRA acosts workers at port in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:54
- WATCH: Vile video shows SEWAGE flowing onto popular beach in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 13:47
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35