A BRITISH family has just returned home after travelling 40,000km in a year-long motorhome adventure… and their three favourite stop-offs were all in Spain!
Taking all the challenges of motorhome living in their stride, David Hurst’s family visited 12 countries on their voyage of discovery.
And they were clearly won over by Spain, picking Cordoba’s Mezquita, a campsite in Torrox and Santander as their top three stop-offs.
Describing Andalucia as ‘rich in culture, history and scenery’, David recalls trips to Granada, Malaga, Cordoba and the Axarquia.
“With windows open and a warm breeze drifting in, every mile was a joy to drive, the roads usually as smooth as the Mediterranean in the morning,” he wrote in his travel guide.
“Don’t miss the charming town and beaches of Nerja, and Torrox is another fantastic beachside town, with the original pretty white pueblo a mile inland.”
He added: “Weather experts say that it has the best climate in Europe – wonderful when you park your home on wheels and open the door to know that your ‘garden’ outside can go on for ever, with views of North Africa across the Alboran Sea.”
Meanwhile David selected Santander as his top northern city, as the family traipsed around Bilbao, Gijón and Santiago de Compostela.
Other destinations included a tour of southern France, Chefchaouen in Morocco and Bouillon in Belgium.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36