REAL Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo is about to launch a string of hotels.
In partnership with Portuguese firm Pestana, the two-time Ballon d’Or winner will open the doors to his first hotel in his hometown on the island of Madeira in August.
Ronaldo has reportedly coughed up €38 million of his own earnings to fund the chain which is said to be inspired by his CR7 underwear brand.
Forbes recently listed Ronaldo as the richest sport star on the planet, with a net worth of almost €3 billion.
Further hotels are planned for Portugal and Spain.
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25