THIS is the moment Guardia Civil officers smashed a car window to rescue a pet dog.
The brown Pitbull had been left inside the silver car in the middle of a hot day in Costa Brava’s Alicante.
The owners had turned the car off and not left the windows open to allow air into the vehicle.
Officers had no choice but to break the windows to stop the dog from dying from heat exhaustion.
Facebook users have praised the work of the Guardia Civil.
One user wrote: “Well done Guardia Civil!”
Another said: “Thank you, you are heroes!”
Others criticised the owners for leaving their dog trapped, labelling them careless.
“Why are people so damn careless with the lives of animals,” read one of the comments, “At least this poor dog had a happy ending.”
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22
- WATCH: Terrifying moment HUGE spitting COBRA acosts workers at port in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:54
- WATCH: Vile video shows SEWAGE flowing onto popular beach in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 13:47
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15