A DOLL dressed up as a passenger has landed one driver a €200 fine after he tried to cheat the carpool lane.
Guardia Civil officers in Madrid grew suspicious when they saw the child-like figure adorning a zipped up hoodie and hat despite the blistering heat.
On closer inspection, the sunglass-wearing figure was found to be a life-like doll the man had attempted to pass off as his daughter.
The man was travelling on the busy A-6 motorway, which connects Madrid to the North-West of Spain, when he was pulled over in order to ‘explain his strange companion’.
Carpool lanes have been introduced in parts of the city to encourage people to travel together and reduce traffic.
Solo-drivers illegally using the Bus-VAO lane face a fine of €200, since it is designed to facilitate public buses and encourage commuters to car share.
However the practice of attempting to pass off dolls as passengers is said to have become increasingly commonplace in the capital.
A man was recently fined when it was discovered the tall-looking blonde bombshell riding next to him was infact a life-size blow up doll.
- REVEALED: What’s really behind the surge in ‘narco terrorism’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol as record €100 million cash and 40 tonnes of drugs seized - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:36
- COLD FRONT: Yellow weather warning for strong winds in Malaga TOMORROW while snow predicted across Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:30
- PEED OFF: Dog walkers on Costa del Sol to be FINED for not cleaning up pet’s urine in new crackdown - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:55
- WARNING: Police in Spain ramping up roadside alcohol and drug checkpoints THIS WEEK - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 18:02
- WATCH: Truck DESTROYS archway entry of urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 16:23
- SHAMEFUL: Spain loses €90 BILLION per year due to corruption while UK among LEAST corrupt in EU, study reveals - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 14:59
- Leading Irish Kinahan mafia member falls to death from Marbella hotel in ‘accident’ - 9 Dec, 2018 @ 16:08
- Spain’s Mallorca must ‘turn away from British market’ to survive no-deal Brexit, business leaders warn - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 13:40
- Bullfighting ‘returning to Marbella’ despite being BANNED three years ago - 6 Dec, 2018 @ 17:25
- Rise of the right in Spain’s Andalucia could make life for British expats more difficult, expert warns - 3 Dec, 2018 @ 16:16