HE’S swung the irons with Spanish golf legend Seve Ballesteros, shared Valderrama’s greens with US President George Bush Snr and teed off with Prince Andrew… few people have enjoyed better job perks than James Stewart whose business is associated with the UK’s biggest estate agents, Savills.
But he has certainly earned it.
Despite decorating his office with photographs of famous golf partners and retelling stories of how he helped bring the Ryder Cup to Spain for the very first time, it is clear that James’ first and most important love is his business.
And after 34 years in Spain and 17 years in Pueblo Nuevo there is not much James doesn’t know about the property market.
“I am really excited about the direction Sotogrande is going in,” he says. “Last year the property market showed some real promise.
“The uncertainty around Brexit has obviously taken its toll but we are still busy and will probably see another good year.”
He adds: “We had expected to push on from 2015 but with a vote to Leave the likelihood is that the market will remain the same as last year – which is still a positive, just not the boom we were hoping for just yet.”
Outside of the property world, James’ passion is on the golf course… in particular in Sotogrande’s esteemed Valderrama.
A member for 30 years, his love-affair with the club dates back to the early 90s when club owner Jaime Ortiz-Patiño brought him in to hepl bring the Ryder Cup to Spain.
“It was a great honour for me and I got to meet some top players,” he says. “Seve was by far my favourite, a true gentleman and ambassador to the sport.”
He adds: “I’ll never forget playing in the Volvo Masters Pro Am in 1997 with Seve and Zimbabwean pro Mark McNulty.
“On the 18th I had the putt to win the tournament and Seve and Mark both took turns at lining me up. I felt huge relief when the ball fell in the hole.”
With a separate office in Puerto Sotogrande, James Stewart in association with Savills has established itself as a top agent for Sotogrande and surrounding areas.
• For more information visit www.js-sotogrande.com or call 956 795 300
- Travelling to Spain? Don’t forget about online safety - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 14:56
- The gambling industry: Spain’s only economic hope? - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 12:00
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16
- MEASLES breakouts on rise in Spain and Europe as fewer get vaccinated - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Can Real Madrid still win the La Liga – Champions League double - 2 Jan, 2019 @ 10:06
- Rio Sport is at the very peak of ski technology in the Sierra Nevada - 1 Jan, 2019 @ 13:36