A MIJAS resident is calling for action to be taken after her sister was seriously injured after tripping on an uneven pavement.
Brenda Meredith, 71, had to rush her 69-year-old sister Paula Taylor to the doctors after she tripped and almost broke her arm while walking around Playa Marina in El Faro.
“The pavements are absolutely shocking there,” Brenda told the Olive Press, “She was shaking and there was blood everywhere, they need to get it sorted out.”
After receiving immediate attention at the Centro Medico, Paula had to be treated at Benalmadena hospital the next day.
“I still look like I’ve done ten rounds with Mohammad Ali,” she said. “My black eye is still really big, and I had actually got an infection in the skin of my arm but luckily it got treated at the hospital.”
The pair, both from Stockport, praised the hospital for their speed and friendliness.
When Brenda went to La Cala Town Hall to complain about the pavement, she was told it was not their responsibility.
She is now raising the issue with Playa Marina authorities.
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22
- WATCH: ISIS terrorist cuffed in popular British expat hotspot on Spain’s Costa del Sol was ‘ready to attack’ after taking deadly oath - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 13:15
- British expats in Spain should get Spanish driving licences ASAP, UK government Brexit memo warns - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 11:50
- Fears grow for boy, 2, trapped down Malaga well for over 18 hours as desperate rescue attempt continues - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- WATCH: Two fuming drivers stop cars to BRAWL among traffic on Marbella’s Golden Mile - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 17:15