FORGET London and Scotland VS Wales and England, sausages and EasyJet defined voters in the June 23 referendum on Britain’s EU membership.
Campaign Live has used polling company YouGov’s profiles to correspond declared Brexit voting intentions with brand consumption.
The result is a list of 10 brands that are most popular with both Leave and Remain voters…
Top 10 brands: Leave voters
1. HP Sauce
3. ITV News
4. The Health Lottery
5. Birds Eye
7. Sky News
8. Cathedral City
9. PG Tips
Top 10 brands: Remain voters
2. BBC iPlayer
4. London Underground
8. Virgin Trains
The Leave brands are more likely to be seen as traditional, simple, friendly and of good value.
The Remain brands are seen as progressive, visionary, socially responsible and intelligent.
But Theresa May will need to appeal to both sides if she wants to fix ‘broken Britain’.
Emily James of Campaign Live said: “The old fault lines that divide our nation – income, education, ethnicity, gender and politics – are as pronounced as ever.
“But, since the referendum, something deeper has surfaced. We appear now to be divided according to our basic value systems; the things that define how we see the world and how we see ourselves, i.e. the very underpinning of our cultural identity.”
Researchers say the government may want to look at brands like M&S, Money Saving Expert and TK Maxx, all of whom are able to bridge the gap between the two groups by championing something of importance to a wide range of people.
Money Saving Expert is both simple and intelligent in its advice and tone, while TK Maxx is traditional in its offer of designer brands, but innovative in its business model of giving mainstream access.
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22
- WATCH: ISIS terrorist cuffed in popular British expat hotspot on Spain’s Costa del Sol was ‘ready to attack’ after taking deadly oath - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 13:15
- British expats in Spain should get Spanish driving licences ASAP, UK government Brexit memo warns - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 11:50
- Fears grow for boy, 2, trapped down Malaga well for over 18 hours as desperate rescue attempt continues - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- WATCH: Two fuming drivers stop cars to BRAWL among traffic on Marbella’s Golden Mile - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 17:15