A BRITISH developer has been awarded for masterminding one of the first gated-communities in Marbella.
Pioneer property developer John Green, 84, has been named Chairman Emeritus of the Community of Proprietors in El Ancon Sierra, I,II,III.
He developed the urbanization on Marbella’s Golden Mile in the early 1980’s, where he was the first community president and still has a home.
A commemorative plaque has now been installed thanking John for his ‘his vision and talent in creating this exceptional residential estate’.
El Ancon Sierra was one of the earliest gated communities in Marbella, with full services unheard of at the time, including central gas, 24 hour security, an administration office with a secretary to look after owners’ needs, a heated pool, a clubhouse with a restaurant, and many other features.
John – a property developer in London in the 1960s – came to Marbella in 1970 with his company City and Saint James.
He first developed the well-known El Ancon project of 12 villas on the Marbella beach, east of the Oasis Club, followed by the El Ancon Sierra project whose first phase was finished in 1983 when the clubhouse was inaugurated by Princess Michael of Kent.
- Travelling to Spain? Don’t forget about online safety - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 14:56
- The gambling industry: Spain’s only economic hope? - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 12:00
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16
- MEASLES breakouts on rise in Spain and Europe as fewer get vaccinated - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Can Real Madrid still win the La Liga – Champions League double - 2 Jan, 2019 @ 10:06
- Rio Sport is at the very peak of ski technology in the Sierra Nevada - 1 Jan, 2019 @ 13:36